Friday, June 19, 2009

The Name Game

Even before I was pregnant, I was already thinking of a few names for my children. From my last scan, Dr Chan said it is very likely that I am having a girl! Yay! These are the names that I have shortlisted from a long time ago:
Amanda
Chloe
Lauren
Sarah

And if I'm having a boy, it would either be:
Howard
Ethan or
Andrew

As you can tell, I much prefer traditional names to the new age funky ones.

And since Dr Chan is so sure I'm having a girl, the baby shall be named Amanda! Which means loved. Oh yes, she will be loved by so many people - her mummy, daddy, Chow Chow, grandpas, grandmas, uncles, aunties, cousins, friends, neighbours.....everyone!

And how apt it would be to have another "A" in the family. Mummy is Ashley, Daddy is Anthony and baby is Amanda! Hmmm...maybe I should have named our dog to Antonio or something instead of Chow Chow! LOL!

As for the Chinese name, we will leave it to my father-in-law. I like "Ling" but father-in-law said "Ling" is not so good. My mother-in-law did her research on names and strokes from three books and my in-laws came up with "Wan(3) Lin(2)". I'm not too sure about the "Wan" though. Maybe I'll ask them if "Jia(1) Lin(2)" is just as good.

In the meantime, we have been calling our baby Amanda already!

No comments:

Post a Comment