Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In the begining

I was feeling nauseaous in the morning whenever I brush my teeth. And for a week or so, I was also nauseated at work. I thought it was because I was staring at the the computer screen for too long.

The following Sunday, hubby and I were shopping at VivoCity when I was overwhelmed by a wave of nausea. We suspected something was not right. I mean my menses was not here yet, so I should just get a cheap pregnancy kit to find out. Maybe it's just my gastric creating havoc. We went home and I dipped the test stick into my urine. My heart was pounding when I see two pink lines. It's positive.

Hubby was so happy he did the Visa dance and it was so hilarious. That evening, I also puked out the nutritious salmon that hubby cooked for me. What a waste. The following week, I finally got the chance to pop by the GP's in the morning. The doctor confirmed my pregnancy by doing another urine test. She gave me some folic acid and said I was 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. That was in early March.

Today, I am officially 18 weeks, no make that 19...or is it 20 weeks pregnant? I've lost count of the exact weeks. And the estimated delivery date is 9 Nov or should it be later? I need to confirm with the gynae again and get the dates right. Nevertheless I'm going to have a Scorpio baby.

Now, back to the Visa dance. If you don't know what it is, you are missing out on a really cool and funny TV commercial.

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful way to remember your first reactions to your first conception!

    ReplyDelete